RAIN WATCH™ Maximizes water efficiency
Patented Rain Bird® Rain Watch™ technology maximizes water efficiency, while minimizing system wear and tear,through intelligent,real-time decision-making based accurate rain fall measurement.
Features and benefits
- The industry’s first active rain fall monitoring and response system.
- The only system designed to automatically react to rain fall and adjust sprinkler application rates to take full advantage of natural rain, thereby eliminating over-watering.
- Saves water and electricity,while keeping the course drier and more playable, by pausing, adjusting or canceling irrigation in the event of rain fall.
- Results in reduced wear and tear on irrigation system components.
- AnintegralpartofRainBirdCentralControlSoftwareversions4.0 and higher.
How Rain WatchTM manages rainfall
- Stationed through out the course,one to four high-resolution Rain Watch rain cans collect environmental data.
- A rotor can be set to react to any of the rain cans.
- The central control system continuously polls each rain can.
Rain fall data received by the system is used to make intelligent decisions based on user-defined responses:
System Response: For course-wide reactions
Program Response: For program-specific responses
No-Action Response: For monitoring only
Intelligent responses include:
- Adjust run times and resume
An example of Rain WatchTM inaction
- Your daily irrigation schedule calls for 5mm of precipitation.
- A storm begins and once accumulated rain fall reaches your desired 1mm threshold, Rain Watch suspends irrigation.
- The storm passes after putting down 2.8mm of rain.
- Rain Bird software automatically adjusts remaining run times for active stations,as well as those stations yet to run.
- Natural participation is seamlessly integrated in to scheduled irrigation,resulting in a water savingsof2.8mm.